Sara Teramo CV.
ConceptSARA - Creative & concept Artist
2021, London UK
Sara Teramo - MULTIDISCIPLINARY CREATIVE with unrestricted right to work both in the UK and the EU
Specialities: CHARACTER DESIGN - CONCEPT ART - ILLUSTRATION
Previous specialisation in Graphic and Product Design
MAIN SKILLS Character Design, Concept Art, Concept Design, Visual Development, Sketches, Digital Paintings, Illustration, Story Art
EXTRA SKILLS Graphic Design, Reference Research, Moodboards, Pitch Design and Presentation, Promotional Artwork
CHARACTER DESIGN, CREATIVE CONCEPT ART, ILLUSTRATION
● CHARACTER DESIGNER, CONCEPT ARTIST and ILLUSTRATOR for ANIMATED FILMS and GAMES - London
January 2019 - Present
Usual Tasks: Director’s brief analysis, Brainstorming, Team Discussion, Research, References Collection, Moodboards, Exploratory Sketches, Iterations, Character Sheets, Colourways, Costuming, Material Call-outs, 3D Overpaints, Review on feedback, Digitally Painted Renders, final Pitch Design and Story Bible to inform the work of everyone along the pipeline: 3D modellers, riggers, animators, texture and VFX artists.
I can work independently from my home office in London, Camden Town, equipped with the latest Cintiq tablets and VR headsets. However, I particularly enjoy working within a team, especially on Character Design for Animated Films (e.g. with Film Director and Disney Artist Kevin Hudson), Costume Illustration for Theatre and Film (e.g. for London Operas and Feature Films Costumier Valeria Cantelli) or Characters and Video Game Design (e.g. for Storror’s highly anticipated Parkour Video Game).
● WORK EXPERIENCE at INDUSTRIAL LIGHT & MAGIC - ILM - London
I was one of the two work experiences welcomed at ILM London in May 2019. It was an intense work-shadowing placement and a unique intro to the Film and TV pipelines of projects under the Star Wars and other Disney IPs.
I was especially delighted to receive insights on CHARACTER DESIGN, CONCEPT ART and VISUAL RESEARCH directly from Concept Artists within the prestigious ILM's Art Department!
● CHARACTER CONCEPT ART SECONDEE at FRAMESTORE - London
June 2017 - December 2018
I decided to specialize further in character design and concept art for animation and films and secured a position in the competitive Framestore’s runners’ development program. I helped both the Films and the Integrated Advertising departments with dedication and also became a Staff Awards Winner (Autumn 2017).
I had the chance to work with Framestore’s Creative Directors and deliver Character Concept Sketches and Illustrations for Pitches.
I could demonstrate creative initiative as well as teamwork and the ability to follow instructions and meet tight deadlines.
My contribution was always appreciated and I was lucky to win a Design Credit for the Character Concept Art secondment on the Funding Circle ad that aired on TV and was on placards nationwide.
Framestore also offered me Character Design and Concept Art courses at Escape Studios and internal workshops like Cinematography, Presentation Skills, Human Anatomy, Animal Anatomy and Sculpting.
● LEAD SENIOR DESIGNER/ART DIRECTOR and ILLUSTRATOR at JFDP Labs and Madrugaworks - London
March 2014 - April 2017
I was the in-house Art Director and Designer responsible for the 2D Art, Graphic Design, UI and Pitch Presentations for the companies' Apps, Video Games and VR projects. Our creative apps were bought by Samsung, and our games were best sellers on Steam. I was also commissioned to hand paint character design inspired murals.
● FREELANCE DESIGNER and ILLUSTRATOR for Theatre and Advertising - London, New York and Berlin
February 2010- March 2014
I'm especially proud of the advertising campaign I designed for The Royal Albert Hall in London, and of getting my hands dirty with actual set design at Sets By Sara in New York, as well as working for FEZ Berlin, Europe’s biggest youth theatre.
● DESIGN Intern at KARIM RASHID Inc NEW YORK - New York
August 2009 – January 2010
Within this award-winning Design Studio team, we developed high-end product designs pitches for international manufacturers and several of my designs were selected for production.
● DESIGNER and ILLUSTRATOR for Interior, Product and Fashion Design Studios - Berlin
Sept 2005 – July 2009
Some studios I worked with: COORDINATION Interior Design, MARTINI, MAYER Product Design, BLESS Fashion, ACUD theatre
Page 1 of 2 - Sara Teramo CV
Sara Teramo - RECENT EDUCATION
CHARACTER DESIGN, CONCEPT ART, ILLUSTRATION
● CHARACTER DESIGN PRO and CONCEPT ART at ESCAPE STUDIOS Pearson College London, UK
in-person in London - Certified Courses and Workshops
With Andrea Torrejon (Disney TV, Rovio) and other top industry professionals
● CHARACTER DESIGN for Games and Animation at CAL ARTS California Institute of the Arts, US
online - Specialization Course with Certificate
Led by Fran Krause with A. Ristaino (Cartoon Network), J. K. Jiang (Disney) and Robertryan Cory (Cartoon Network and Disney +)
● CHARACTER DESIGN for Animation at La Galeria Roja Center for Art Studies and Gallery, Spain
online - Small and Interactive Online Lessons and Workshops
With Sam Nassour (Disney, Netflix, Nexus Studios, Blue Zoo) and James A. Castillo (Sony, Illumination, Passion Pictures, Axis)
● CHARACTER CONCEPT ART and ILLUSTRATION for Film at La Galeria Roja Center for Art Studies and Gallery, Spain
in-person in Seville - Intimate Atelier Workshop with Certificate
With lead Marvel Concept Artist Karla Ortiz (Marvel, ILM, Ubisoft, etc.)
● CHARACTER DESIGN, CONCEPT ART, VISUAL DEVELOPMENT and STORY at Schoolism Digital Art School, International
in-person in Europe and online - Live Workshops and Specialisation Courses
With Arriaga (Disney, Pixar), Ying (Disney), Loish (Guerrilla Games, Lego), Del Carmen (Disney, Dreamworks, Sony) and many more
● ILLUSTRATION and VISUAL STORYTELLING at SVA NYC School of Visual Art New York, US
in-person in New York - International Studio Residency with Final Public Exhibition in Manhattan
With Creative Director Paul Buckley (Penguin), Artist Viktor Koen (NYTimes, Wall Street Journal), Artist Andrea Tsurumi (NYTimes)
● CHARACTER DESIGN at Aardman Academy Industry Training by Aardman Animations, UK
online - Live Course via Zoom
With Sylvia Bull (Titan Comics, Aardman)
● STORYBOARDING at Aardman Academy Industry Training by Aardman Animations, UK
online - Live Course via Zoom and blog collaboration
With Sam Horton (Blue Zoo, Funko, Aardman)
● COSTUME and SET DESIGN for Performance at UAL Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design, London, UK
in-person in London - Professional Course with Certificate
With Gary Thorne (The Royal Academy of Dramatic Art - RADA)
● STORYBOARDING For Film, Video And Animation at UAL Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design, London, UK
in-person in London - Professional Course with Certificate
With Stephen Brown (The Royal College of Art - RCA)
● Design MA at Berlin University of the Arts, UdK Universität der Künste, the most selective University in Germany
in-person in Berlin - Design and Applied Arts Master Degree curriculum
● Design Exchange Student at University of the Arts London UAL, Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design
in-person in London -- Product Design University curriculum, bursary winner
● Design BA equivalent at Polytechnic University of Milan, Politecnico di Milano
in-person in Milan - Industrial and Graphic Design University curriculum
● 2D ART Expert-Level Latest Adobe CC: Photoshop (15+ years), Illustrator, Indesign etc. and Procreate on iPad Pro
● 3D as a base for 2D Art Basic-Level Sketch Up, Maya, Blender, Oculus Medium VR and Beginner-Level Zbrush, Unity and Unreal.
● VIDEO EDITING Medium-Level Adobe Premiere, Final Cut, iMovie, Video Editor and Beginner Level After Effect.
● PRESENTATION DESIGN High-Level Powerpoint, Keynote, Slides and Wix. Medium-Level Sketch and Adobe XD
● MANAGEMENT TOOLS High-Level Google Drive, Docs, Sheets etc., MS Office Word, Excel, etc., Trello, Slack, Discord
plus Medium-Level Perforce and Beginner-Level Shotgun.
Page 2 of 2 - Sara Teramo CV